• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Taking the CPC-H this Saturday! (December 15th)

Scheduled to take the CPC-H this Saturday....!

I Have been studying my tail off. Purchased the DVDs, just recently finished them, read most of the study guide, and purchased the AAPC practice exam's A, B, and C. The little, simple reimbursement questions are throwing me off, and I seem to be getting most of the hard surgery questions right! I can't remember these status indicators and its really upsetting. I guess I will be re-reading the payment methodologies chapter in the review guide. I know the status indicators are listed in my Expert Edition HCPCS, but they aren't in the CPT book, and one of the practice exam questions asked me what was the status indicator for 99127. I am more stressed 0ut about the reimbursement questions, than the coding questions! ACK!

A big thanks to you, Laureen, those DVD's are AMAAZING. thanks again, and again..and Again!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
How'd you do Jennifer? I've been having a lot of people ask for CPC-H prep. Now that we are a PMCC site with the AAPC I can get licensed to teach their CPC-H curriculum too. I think it might be worth it. But I guess I'll have to re-take my CPC-H again!

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Scheduled to take the CPC-H this Saturday....!

I Have been studying my tail off. Purchased the DVDs, just recently finished them, read most of the study guide, and purchased the AAPC practice exam's A, B, and C. The little, simple reimbursement questions are throwing me off, and I seem to be getting most of the hard surgery questions right! I can't remember these status indicators and its really upsetting. I guess I will be re-reading the payment methodologies chapter in the review guide. I know the status indicators are listed in my Expert Edition HCPCS, but they aren't in the CPT book, and one of the practice exam questions asked me what was the status indicator for 99127. I am more stressed 0ut about the reimbursement questions, than the coding questions! ACK!

A big thanks to you, Laureen, those DVD's are AMAAZING. thanks again, and again..and Again!
Hi Jennifer!
Just wanted to take a moment to wish you good luck tomorrow! You have worked hard to get here and now it will pay off.
Hope you take today to relax, decompress and pamper yourself.

Bri

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
Hi Jennifer!

How did your exam go? Hope it went well! I plan to take the CPC-H in about 2months. What studying advice and material would be helpful in preparing for the exam?

Thanks everyone. Got my results on December 21st, sadly though my overall score was 49%. When the proctor called out an hour left, I still had 50 questions, and from doing the practice exams, 50 questions took me 2 hours. I just got discourage at that point and I was so mentally exhausted so by the time I got to the surgery questions I was seriously brain dead . Ill retake it because its free, but I'm seriously dreading the reTake. Also, I'm Having to use my iPhone to post to the discussion board.. For some reason I keep getting an error message that pops up when I try to post from my desktop computer? Not sure if its the site or computer...

I was proud of myself on one area of the exam when it asked about status indicators , I ended up spending a lot of time studying from the cpc-h study guide; the payment methodologies chapter. I feel confident I got a lot of those right. I basically was learning it all for the first time thru the study guide because I don't recall taking a class where it got in depth about payment classifications and indicators

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Thanks everyone. Got my results on December 21st, sadly though my overall score was 49%. When the proctor called out an hour left, I still had 50 questions, and from doing the practice exams, 50 questions took me 2 hours. I just got discourage at that point and I was so mentally exhausted so by the time I got to the surgery questions I was seriously brain dead . Ill retake it because its free, but I'm seriously dreading the reTake. Also, I'm Having to use my iPhone to post to the discussion board.. For some reason I keep getting an error message that pops up when I try to post from my desktop computer? Not sure if its the site or computer...

I was proud of myself on one area of the exam when it asked about status indicators , I ended up spending a lot of time studying from the cpc-h study guide; the payment methodologies chapter. I feel confident I got a lot of those right. I basically was learning it all for the first time thru the study guide because I don't recall taking a class where it got in depth about payment classifications and indicators
Hi Jennifer! Let that test serve as a practice test in a real time scenario. Now you know what to expect, and let the score only serve to identify what to focus on for the real one coming up. If timing was a struggle then I bet you will practice until you have that down with time to spare. Instead of dreading the retake, look at it as a wonderful opportunity that is built in! Keep your eye on the prize, and put the December test where it belongs, in your mental filing cabinet under: Practice Test. If you were in school I would say it was your Mid-Term and now you need to prep for the Final, ok?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Jennifer, you will pass the next time. Most people do not pass the first time, but they pass the second time. Treat this as a practice exam and the next one as a final exam. When you study for the retake, focus on the areas that you were weak in, but don't forget to continue to study the areas that you know.